20 Mar 2020 - News
COVID-19 and Racing Staff with ChildrenBack to all news
Many racing staff are asking how they can get to work if the nurseries and schools are closed as they are from today onwards. Unfortunately, as you will see from the “Key Workers” listed by the government that racing staff are not on this list.
We fully understand the hardship this is going to cause to many parents in the industry and again, we are working with the Covid-19 industry group to see if we can get any help with this. However, as an industry and one of many in the same situation, we will just have to suffer the fact nurseries and schools are shut due to these extreme circumstances.
Whilst this is not ideal, and will no doubt have an impact on individuals, jobs and employers, this is something that is out of our control currently. Whilst the racing industry is in the “essential activities” jobs category itself, due to livestock and welfare of horses, staff in the industry are not classed as frontline workers or listed within the key workers below.
The government list of key workers is:
- Frontline health workers such as doctors and nurses
- Some teachers and social workers
- Workers in key public services including those essential to the justice system, religious staff, and public service journalists
- Local and national government workers deemed crucial to delivering essential public services
- Workers involved in food production processing, distribution, sale and delivery
- Public safety workers including police, armed forces personnel, firefighters, and prison staff
- Essential air, water, road and rail transport workers
- Utilities, communication and financial services staff, including postal workers, and waste disposal workers
15 Apr 2020 - News
Working in Racing during Covid-19 lockdown — Survey
We have collated as much information as we could regarding the thoughts of racing staff and how it was impacting them during these times, whilst also understanding how they may get help to pay bills if needed.Read more
3 Apr 2020 - News
Racing2Learn — Learning and Development platform launched for the Horse Racing industry
Racing2Learn is the horse racing industry’s new online learning and development platform, as launched by 1st4sport and the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) today.Read more
26 Mar 2020 - News
‘Lockdown’ guidance for yards, racecourses and studs
On Monday 23 March, the UK Government introduced restrictions requiring people to stay at home as...Read more